Welcome, and thanks for your interest in staffing Flying Deer summer camp! We’re honored to assemble yet another exceptional team of earth mentors to continue our legacy of fun, discovery, and connection in the forest, and we’d love to make it possible to work with you this summer.
**Please use only Firefox or Chrome to complete your application. Please do not do this application on Safari, and please do not do it on your phone or iPad as we are still working out technical difficulties with our mobile interface. If your application is successfully submitted, you will see a message saying so. If you don't have Firefox, you can download it for free here.
If your application is successfully submitted, you will see a message saying so. Within two to three days, you’ll receive an e-mail confirming that we received it. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact Tresca.
Before you begin the actual application process, please gather the following eight items—you will need these in order to complete this online application!
- Personal contact info (name, address, phone, e-mail)
- Work references: Name and phone (type “NA” if you have no work experience)
- Two Emergency Contacts: Name, address, phone, e-mail
- Medical: Physician name and phone, insurance name and plan nunber, name and location of hospital choice in an emergency
- Immunizations: If you’ve received ANY immunization shots, you need EITHER an uploadable immunization record OR dates of ALL your shots (If you do not have access to this information, contact Devin.)
- Resume: New York State requires resumes for ALL summer camp staff, even Counselors-in-Training and Counselors, so if you don’t have one, create a very simple Word doc containing 1. name, 2. contact info, 3. a short list of experiences relating to this work, and 4. one sentence about why you think you’ll be good at working here.
- Medical training: The information (course titles, dates, and provider) for any valid medical training and certification you possess.
- Your calendar, so you know which camps to apply for, and so you can sign off on attending orientation
Please fill out every required field in the application (these are marked with a red asterisk).
If, at any point, you encounter technical difficulties or have questions about the application process, please contact Tresca Weinstein, Registration Coordinator.
If, at any point, you have questions that relate to job descriptions or summer camps, please contact Devin Franklin, Programs Director.
FLYING DEER SUMMER CAMP STAFF APPLICATION 2017
In order to apply, you must complete the entire application. Once you submit your application, we’ll notify you on your enrollment status within two weeks of receiving it. In general, positions are given out of a first-come, first-served basis. Orientation is mandatory so, before starting the application, note the following dates to make sure you are able to attend orientation!
CIT, Counselor and Senior Counselor Orientation: Saturday, May 20, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
First-Time Instructor Orientation: Monday, June 12 at 10:00 am–Thursday, June 15 at 5:00 pm
Returning Instructor Orientation: Tuesday, June 13 at 10:00 am–Thursday, June 15 at 5:00 pm